Rules Santiago Wild 2023
Do you want to be part of Santiago Wild 2023? We invite all talents to apply with their wildlife, environmental and community productions to participate in the different instances offered by the festival. The finalists will be part of the official showcase of this film festival, organized by Ladera Sur, with the support of Jackson Wild. Here we share the rules of the categories to which it is possible to apply.
In its third version, the awaited Santiago Wild film festival invites all producers, documentary and nature filmmakers to send their best wildlife, environmental and community works to participate in the categories «New Latin American Voices» and «Latin America from the eyes of the world», through the subcategories of short and feature films.
By applying, each participant is competing for the opportunity to be part of Santiago Wild 2023. This is because the finalist films will be screened at this festival, to be held between March 23 and April 2, 2023, and organized by Ladera Sur with the support of Jackson Wild.
Rules for participating in the different categories of the Santiago Wild Film Festival 2023
This year the Santiago Wild Festival will have for the first time two categories:
- «New Latin American Voices»
- This is a competition that invites all Latin American talents to apply with their wildlife and environmental productions filmed around the world.
- This competition has two subcategories: short films and feature films.
- Prizes will be awarded to the winners of the short and feature film subcategories.
- The films must have been made by Latin Americans.
- «Latin America through the eyes of the world».
- This is a mention that invites talents from all over the world to apply with their wildlife and environmental productions, filmed in Latin America.
- This mention has two subcategories: short films and feature films.
- Recognition will be given to outstanding productions in the subcategories of short and feature films.
To participate in either of the two categories:
- Participants will have until January 15, 2023 to apply and finalists will be announced during the month of March 2023.
- Productions must be limited to wildlife, environmental and community themes only.
What is meant by «wildlife»?
- All subjects that relate to the flora, fauna, fungi and other organisms that inhabit the Earth.
- It includes films that tell stories about wildlife species, natural ecosystems and, ultimately, biotic (living) and abiotic (non-living) factors that are part of our planet.
What is meant by «environment and communities»?
- Themes that revolve around the environmental contingency and human actions that impact biodiversity or the planet to varying degrees, either positively or negatively. Phenomena such as the climate crisis, global change, national and/or local socio-environmental conflicts, and threats to specific species or ecosystems are some examples.
- Initiatives that seek to conserve, recover and/or restore some component of nature (such as an endangered species or ecosystem), or generate environmental awareness.
- Productions that address the relationship between humans and their environment, focusing on health, psychological, reflections and learning, among other issues. For example, healing through nature, forest baths and healing, etc.
- Works that cover the relationship of communities and native peoples with nature.
What is a short film or micro-documentary?
It is an audiovisual film production of less than 17 minutes.
What is a feature film or movie?
It is a cinematographic audiovisual production that lasts more than 17 minutes.
- Films may have brand sponsorships. However, the use of brand names should be kept to a minimum in the production. Productions that focus on a particular brand for promotional purposes will not be considered.
- In terms of technical requirements, participants must submit their films in a Vimeo/Youtube link with a password and username.
- For foreign language films, Spanish subtitles or dubbing are requested.
- Registration is free of charge.
- The production must be made after January 1, 2019.
- There is no limit to how many productions can be submitted.
- Entries will be accepted from filmmakers, audiovisual producers, production companies, among others, for which their representatives must send to the email created especially for this contest: firstname.lastname@example.org. These must be attached indicating:
- Full name of the representative and all partners/participants involved in each production 2.
- Category (New Latinamerican Voices or Latinamerica from the eyes of the world) and subcategory (short or long)
- Name of documentary/film
- A brief description of the documentary/film
- The deadline for submitting films will be from July 26, 2022 until 23:59 on January 15, 2023.
- Films must be original and authored by the entrant.
- Finalists must submit a copy of their production in the highest quality available, to be screened at the event.
- Finalists will be asked for additional material of the productions, such as promotional photographs, promotional clip (trailer) and audiovisual material for social networks.
- Participation in the contest implies the acceptance of each and every one of the Rules of the contest. The organization is empowered to resolve any contingency not foreseen in the Rules.
The realization and participation of the Media Lab is totally independent from the competition. Therefore, the competition will not influence the selection of Media Lab members or the awarding of their films.
- By participating in the contest, the contestant declares and guarantees that: the participant grants Santiago Wild the rights to exhibit the film at the festival, as well as the right to promote the film in or through all formats currently known on the Internet and media.
- In order to participate, the entrant must own all rights, title and interest, including copyright and all intellectual property rights, in and to the film that would be presented at the Festival.
- The content and production of each documentary film is the sole responsibility of its creators. The Santiago Wild Festival and its collaborators are not responsible for the opinions, actions or legal aspects of the productions submitted and selected for the competition.
- The winners of short and feature films in the «New Latin American Voices» category will each receive a ticket to Jackson Wild 2023. In addition, their documentaries will be screened at Santiago Wild 2023.
- The short and feature films recognized in the «Latin America in the Eyes of the World» category will be screened at Santiago Wild 2023.
The finalists in both categories will be announced in March 2023.
For any questions or queries, please write to email@example.com.
Ladera Sur will soon give other Santiago Wild news, such as the films that will be part of the line-up, the directors, and much more!
** JURY TO BE ANNOUNCED IN DECEMBER 2022 **